Name, Date of Birth (DOB), Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) Change Form
This is the form to update or correct your name, Social Security Number (SSN), Date of Birth (DOB), or ITIN. This form should be used by current CSUF students. If you are currently in the admissions process, please contact the Office of Admissions to find out how to update your application information. Please read below for information on how this process works and which documents will be required.
Please disable pop-up blockers in order to use this upload platform.
- Log in using your student portal username and password
- Click “Login”
- Once you log in, your CWID, first and last name will auto populate
- Using the Document Type drop down menu, you will select which form you want to use
- Select the form you wish to use and upload a scanned PDF of the documentation you are using to make the necessary change
- Only PDF files are accepted; JPEG, Pictures or other formats will NOT be accepted.
- Once the document is uploaded, click “Submit”
- Records department will review your form and process your request accordingly
- If we need additional documentation, we will notify you by email to your CSUF account
- Social Security Number change/correction
- Signed Social Security Card. Your name on the Social Security Card must match your name in our system, if the name is different you will also need to submit a Name Change form separately.
- ITIN change/correction (one of the following)
- IRS ITIN card. Your name on the ITIN card or ITIN letter must match your name in our system, if the name is different you will also need to submit a Name Change form separately.
- IRS letter indicating your ITIN number
- Date of Birth (one of the following)
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Valid passport
- Name (two documents of the following). Must present a document with your previous name and another document with your current name.
- Marriage license
- Divorce decree
- Approved court ordered Change of Name
- Valid passport
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Signed Social Security Card
- Current Driver’s License
Please click on the following link: