Academic Regulations

Use the glossary below to find the regulation you are seeking and find it in the corresponding drop-down menu.




  • Academic Freedom & Responsibility
  • Assistance for Students
  • Auditing
  • Class Attendance
  • Closed Classes
  • Concurrent Enrollment
  • Continuous Enrollment: Graduate Students with Master's Degree Objectives
  • Complaint Procedure Notice (Student/Applicant)
  • Continuous Enrollment of Teaching Credential Candidates
  • Course Outlines


  • Degree Candidates
  • Grade Options
  • Incomplete Authorized (I)
  • Independent Study
  • Internships & Community Engagement
  • Leaves of Absence (undergraduate, graduate, credential students)
  • Library Hours
  • Non-Discrimination Policy - A Commitment Valuing Diversity


  • Open University
  • Repeat Policy (Undergraduate)
  • Repeat Policy (Graduate and Postbaccalureate 
  • Sexual Harassment Policy
  • Smoking Policy
  • Social Security Number & Student Identification
  • Stop-Out Policy


  • Teacher Education Credential Program Admission (Continuing Students
  • Titan Shops
  • Transcripts
  • Veterans
  • Voluntary Student Health Insurance
  • Withdrawal, Unofficial (WU)
  • Withholding of Services for Nonpayment of Debts
  • Writing Center



The Academic Senate of California State University, Fullerton, endorses the 1987 Statement on Professional Ethics (UPS 230.000) and the 1940 Statement of Principles and Interpretive Comments of the American Association of University Professors contained in the 1984 Edition of Policy Documents and Reports.



If you are experiencing difficulty either academically or in your personal life, you should consult support groups on campus that may be able to assist you. Personal counseling is available from the Student Health and Counseling Center. If you are unsure of a career, you should consult with the Career Planning and Placement Center for special career counseling and interest testing. Other support services include: the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Academic Appeals, Financial Aid, the Women's Center/Adult Re-entry, Dean of Students, the Writing Assistance Center, the Academic Advisement Center, and the Office of Admissions and Records.



The symbol AU identifies those instances where a student enrolled in a course for the purposes not requiring credit. An auditor must have the permission of the instructor, and may enroll only after students otherwise eligible to enroll in the course for credit have done so. Auditors pay the same fees as credit students; regular class attendance is expected. Once enrolled as an auditor, a student may not change to credit after the last day to add classes. A student enrolled for credit may not change to audit after the deadline published on the inside cover of this class schedule. An auditor does not take examinations in the course; therefore, there is no basis for evaluation nor a formal grade report.



While class attendance is not recorded officially by the University, regular attendance in class is often essential to success in a course. Policy on class attendance is within the discretion of the individual faculty member, who shall announce the policy at the first class meeting of the semester.

It is especially important that students attend the first meeting of a class. Students absent from the first meeting without notification to the instructor or departmental office within 24 hours after class may be denied admission to the class. Instructors may deny admission to absentees to admit persons on waiting lists in their places. A student who registers for a class and whose name appears on the first-day-of-class list should attend all class meetings the first week (five class days). If a student decides not to continue enrollment in a class, either before or after instruction begins, it is a student's responsibility to follow the appropriate procedures for dropping the class; however, if a student is absent without notifying the instructor or departmental office within 24 hours after any meeting missed during the first week, the student may be dropped administratively from the class by the instructor. Students should not assume that this will be done for them and should take the responsibility to ensure that they have been dropped by following the appropriate procedures for dropping classes. An instructor may also administratively drop a student who does not meet prerequisites for the course. These administrative withdrawals shall be without penalty.



A departmental permit is required to add a closed class.



A student enrolled at the University may enroll concurrently for additional courses at another CSU campus only with advance written approval and by filing a concurrent enrollment form with the Office of Admissions and Records. Certain restrictions apply when a quarter-system campus is involved. Permission will not be granted when the study list in the proposed combined program exceeds units authorized for full-time study. Students may enroll concurrently at institutions outside the CSU system without special permission or forms.



A student with a graduate degree objective must maintain continuous enrollment (summer sessions and intersession excluded) until the degree is awarded.

A graduate student who finds it impossible to attend during a particular semester and is denied a formal leave of absence, may register in Graduate Studies 700, which gives no units of credit and does not require class attendance. Registration in Graduate Studies 700 is restricted to classified or conditionally classified graduate students.

A graduate student who fails to register, and who has not obtained approval for a formal leave of absence, has discontinued enrollment in the graduate degree program. If the student wishes to resume study, he or she must reapply for admission to the University and to the degree program.

End of Program Enrollment: students who have enrolled in all units required for the degree and are continuing to work on thesis, project or comprehensive exam preparation, are expected to maintain continuous enrollment by enrolling in GRAD 700 Continuous Enrollment (zero units) through regular registration or at a reduced fee through Extended Education. Students must submit a GRAD 700 Request Form signed by their program adviser before extended education registration forms will be released. Forms are available in the Graduate Studies Office, (MH-103) or from the departmental graduate program adviser.

If you are unsure as to which GRAD 700 applies to your situation, contact your program adviser.



The California State University takes very seriously complaints and concerns regarding the institution. If you have a complaint regarding the CSU please visit our Complaint Procedure webpage.



A postbaccalaureate student who has completed student teaching but must complete requirements for an elementary or secondary teaching credential and finds it impossible to enroll in courses for the credential during a certain semester may apply for a leave of absence or enroll in Credential Studies 701, which gives no unit credit and does not require class attendance. 



Course Outlines, which shall be compatible with approved course proposals on file in the Office of the Associate Vice President, Academic Programs, and with course descriptions in the University catalog, must be provided to students in writing within the first five days of instruction. Course outlines shall give detailed information on the following matters: (1) course material to be covered (e.g., reading list); (2) the grading policy for the course; (3) class assignments (e.g., term papers-length, due date, projects); and (4) examination dates and make-up policy, and the required or permissible materials or equipment which may be used in testing situations; (5) required or permissible materials and/or equipment, e.g., texts, materials, or equipment, including calculators, "software", artistic materials, scientific apparatus, etc. 

It shall be a normal and reasonable duty of each faculty member to provide these materials, in accordance with the outlined provisions. The faculty member shall also provide these materials to the department chair.
Faculty shall not be bound to adhere to their course outlines on a strict day-to-day basis, but should follow their outlines as much as reasonably possible.

After distribution of course outlines to students, major assignment or course requirement changes (e.g., additional term papers or examinations) must be announced to students with a reasonable timetable for completion.



Candidates for the baccalaureate graduate degrees must pay the graduation and diploma fee and file a request for a degree check with the Office of Admissions and Records two semesters prior to the semester in which they anticipate completing all requirements for a degree. For more information about applying for graduation see our Graduation page.



  • Traditional 
    Letter Grades: A, B, C, D, F 
    Letter Grades with Plus/Minus: A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, F 
  • Nontraditional 
    CR - C grade or better in undergraduate courses; B or better in graduate courses. 
    NC - No credit

A letter grade (A, B, C, D, and F) must be used by all undergraduate students for major, minor, and general education requirements. A letter grade (A, B, C, D, and F) must be used by graduate students for all required courses.   Exceptions are those courses designed by the faculty to be graded Ltr Grd Only or CR/NC Only.

Students should know that there is a limitation on the number of courses which can be taken with the nontraditional grading option. A maximum of 36 units of credit/no credit courses, including those transferred from other institutions, may be counted toward the baccalaureate. No course with a grade of CR may be used for the master's degree. A detailed description of the grading policy and definition of symbols used may be found in the current catalog.

Advisory Caution

Undergraduate students who plan to pursue graduate or professional studies later are advised to be selective in opting for courses on a credit/no credit basis. As a general rule (advisory only), coursework that is preparatory or prerequisite to advanced specialized study should be completed and evaluated on a letter grade basis and not credit/no credit.



The symbol 'I' (Incomplete Authorized) signifies that a portion of the required coursework for a class has not been completed and evaluated in the prescribed time period, due to unforeseen but fully justified reasons, and that there is still a possibility of earning credit. It is the responsibility of the student to bring pertinent information to the instructor and to determine from the instructor the remaining course requirements which must be satisfied to remove the Incomplete. A final grade is assigned when the work agreed upon has been completed and evaluated.

An Incomplete must be made up within one year following the end of the term during which it was assigned. This limitation prevails whether or not the student maintains continuous enrollment. Failure to complete the assigned work will result in an Incomplete being changed to an IC symbol or an NC unless faculty member assigns a specific letter grade at the time the Incomplete is assigned which would replace the 'I' in the student's record at the end of the one year deadline. 

The IC symbol counts as a failing grade for grade point average and grade point balance computations.

A grade of Incomplete may be given only when, in the opinion of the instructor, a student cannot complete a course during the semester of enrollment for reasons beyond the student's control. Such reasons are assumed to include: illness of the student or of members of the student's immediate family, extraordinary financial problems, loss of outside position, and other exigencies. In assigning a grade of 'I', the instructor shall file with the department, for future reference and student access, a Statement of Requirements for Completion of Course Work. The requirements shall not include retaking the course. The instructor will also designate a time limit (up to one year) for completing requirements. Upon request, a copy of the document will be furnished to the student. The student should review this statement at the earliest opportunity.

The statement of requirements will include an indication of the quality of the students work to date. This not only provides an interim evaluation for the student but assists the department chair in assigning a final grade in those instances where the instructor is no longer available. When specific requirements are completed, the instructor will report a change of grade. The responsibility for changing the Incomplete grade rests with the instructor.

For more information, see the    Incomplete Authorized FAQs.



If you want to register in an independent study course, you must obtain written approval from the instructor and the department chair using the appropriate university form. During the semester, you and the instructor shall prepare a study plan and submit it to the department chair, or designee, for approval. The approved study plan shall be kept on file in the department or program office, and shall include a statement of the basis for final evaluation of the independent study.

You may not take more than six units of independent study at the undergraduate level in a given semester or apply more than nine units of independent study toward completion of the undergraduate degree. If you are a graduate student, you may not apply more than six units of independent study toward the completion of a graduate degree unless written approval is obtained by the appropriate college dean.

Lower division students normally enroll in Independent Study 299, upper division students in 499; and graduate students in 599, respectively. Independent study courses may be repeated.



Location: LH-206 
The Center for Internships and Community Engagement (CICE) was established to offer students the opportunity to formally integrate academic knowledge and skills with practical experiences in business, not-for-profit and government agencies. These real world experiences will provide students with the opportunity to expand their knowledge, apply theories and skills learned in the classroom, preparing them for successful entry into the job market as well as developing them as socially responsible citizens. Additionally, students will have the opportunity for personal growth, leadership and professional preparation. Other valuable benefits of internships and service-learning are:

  • Gain work and service experience
  • Network and develop industry contacts
  • Solidify academic and career goals
  • Opportunity to earn money while learning
  • Explore various career options within a major
  • Earn academic credit

Each internship/service-learning placement is monitored by the site while faculty provide guidance to students, ensuring the academic integrity of the work or service experience.

Service-Learning Courses: Students who wish to participate in service-learning courses should register for courses with an "S" designation in the class schedule. There are no restrictions.


Students participating in internships must:

  • Be at least in the junior year of study
  • Be in good academic standing
  • Receive approval from the appropriate faculty coordinator
  • Enroll in the departmental internship/co-op course

In most departments up to six units of internship credits may be learned. There is no maximum for service-learning courses.

The center is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Visit the   CICE website



A leave of absence may be granted based on certain documented extenuating circumstances and normally is granted for not more than one year. A leave of absence is not granted in order for a student to return to a community college to take coursework for financial or academic reasons. An approved leave of absence authorizes the student to return without reapplying to the university and continue under the catalog requirements prior to the absence. Undergraduate and postbaccalaureate unclassified graduate students on approved leaves of one year (two academic semesters) or less are eligible to register for the semester immediately following the end of the leave.



Graduate degree or credential students may be granted leaves of absence, up to two consecutive semesters, which maintain their place in the university and in degree or credential programs (i.e., they do not have to reapply following the leave). A leave granted to a degree objective student also preserves the election of curriculum rights regarding catalog requirements. However, a leave granted by the university does not extend time limitations imposed by the State for competing specific credential requirements nor does it extend the time limit for completing the master's degree.

Grounds for approval of a leave include: (1) illness or disability or similar personal circumstances including pregnancy; (2) activities which enhance a student's professional career objectives; (3) active duty in the armed forces; and (4) other reasons at the discretion of the Director, Graduate Studies. An approved leave of absence authorizes the student to return and continue under the catalog requirements that applied to his or her enrollment prior to the absence. However, a leave granted by the university does not exempt the credential candidate from new requirements imposed by the State of California regardless of the student's catalog year.

In the case of non-approved breaks in enrollment, reapplication for admission to the university and to the chosen degree or credential program will be required. A place in the degree/credential program or in the university will not be held for the student in these circumstances.

Forms for requesting a leave of absence are available in the Admissions and Records Service Center (LH-114), the Graduate Studies Office (MH-103), or the   Graduate Studies website. Students must be in good academic standing and must have completed at least six units toward the degree or credential in residence at this university in order to qualify for leaves of absence. Leaves must be submitted before the first day of classes.



Library hours are subject to change and some areas have more limited service hours. For the latest information on library hours, call (657) 278-2633, or go to the   Pollak Library website



It is the policy of California State University, Fullerton, to create and maintain an environment that values diversity, respects human dignity, is hospitable, equitable, tolerant, and in which all persons are free from all forms of invidious discrimination or discriminatory harassment. To this end, CSUF does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability or covered veteran's status in the educational programs or activities it conducts. Such programs and activities include, but are not limited to, admission of students, employment, and intercollegiate athletes. Discrimination is prohibited by Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act ,and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 including all subsequent amendments and administrative regulations adopted thereunder by the Department of Education and Department of Labor.



Open University provides an opportunity for people who are not currently admitted to Cal State Fullerton to enroll in undergraduate and graduate-level classes. In fall and spring, registration is provided on a space available basis, and begins the first day of classes.

Students interested in Open University can pick up an information packet from University Extended Education (UEE) in CP100 or from the UEE Academic Advisor, Lyn Richie-Walker in UH-123. All Open University Students are required to: 1. Meet or call the academic advisor for advisement and class approval prior to registering; call (657) 278-7645 to schedule an appointment. 2. Attend the first class meeting and have the instructor sign & date the registration form. 3. Take the form to the department office for stamped approval. 4. Submit registration form within one week after the instructor signature is obtained, complete with all necessary approvals, to the UEE Registration Office, along with the class fees.   Only at this point will students be officially enrolled in the class.

A maximum of 24 units of course credit earned in Open University may be applied toward a bachelors degree. Credit earned through Open University may not be used to fulfill the residence requirement for a bachelor's degree. For graduate degrees, normally six to nine units of approved credit earned through Open University may apply, but for degrees which require more than 30 units, more units of credit may apply. Disqualified (DQ) students may not enroll in more than six units per academic term. Participation in Open University does not constitute admission to the university.



Undergraduate repeat policy at CSUF is comprised of two different types of repeats, each with a maximum limit:

Grade Forgiveness: 16-unit limit

This type of repeat is used on a course for which a grade of "C-" (1.7) or lower was earned. Under "Grade Forgiveness" an adjustment is made in the grade point average (GPA) calculation to remove the effect of the initial grade and include only the earned grade and grade points from the repeated course. Both grades remain listed on the academic record. In repeating such courses, the traditional grading system shall be used. "Grade Forgiveness" repeats are applied in the order in which they occurred. "Grade Forgiveness" units on the student's entire CSUF academic record count against the 16-unit limit. 

Grades Averaged: 12-unit limit

An additional 12 units of coursework may be repeated, but without forgiveness. Grades from both the original class and the repeated class will be averaged in the student's grade point average (GPA). "Grades Averaged" repeats have a limit of 12 units, beginning with the Fall 2009 semester forward.NOTE: Undergraduate students may not repeat a course in which a grade of "C" or better has been earned, except for those courses noted in the university catalog as "may be repeated for credit."

For more information about our repeat policy check the repeat policy frequently asked questions.



The policy for graduate and postbaccalaureate students (excluding second baccalaureate students) regarding courses for which a grade of 'WU' (Withdrawal Unauthorized) is as follows:

If a course for which a grade of "WU" was repeated, only the most recently earned grade(s) and grade points will be used in computing the grade point average; however, the original "WU" grade(s) will remain on the permanent record. This policy applies only to grades earned during the first semester in which 'WU' grades are received. Repeated courses must be taken at Cal State Fullerton using the traditional grading system. Students who have successfully repeated a WU-graded course must notify the Admissions and Records office using the appropriate form if they wish an adjustment to their GPA.


It is the policy of California State University, Fullerton to maintain a working and learning environment free from sexual harassment of its students, employees and those who apply for student or employee status. Sexual harassment consists of unwelcomed sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature where submission to or toleration of such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of evaluation; or such conduct has the purpose or effect of interfering with a student's performance, creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive learning environment, or adversely affecting any student's access to campus programs, services, and benefits.

Sexual harassment is illegal under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1962, Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, and the California Education Code 89535. Executive Order 345 Prohibition of Sexual Harassment also prohibits sexual harassment within the California State University system. The university will not tolerate sexual harassment and will take action to eliminate such behavior. Information concerning campus sexual harassment policies and procedures can be obtained from the Office of Diversity and Equity Programs, College Park 770, (657) 278-3951 or the   HRDI website



I. Policy Statement

To mitigate well-established health risks associated with exposure to secondhand smoke, the California State University Board of Trustees delegated authority to campus presidents to adopt rules regulating smoking on campuses. At California State University, Fullerton, smoking is prohibited in any: 

  • Building owned, leased or rented by the University or one of its auxiliaries, whether located on or off campus.
  • Outdoor area (for example a patio, balcony, courtyard or atrium) within 20 feet of any building. Smoking is permitted beyond 20 feet in outdoor areas unless otherwise posted. 
  • Vehicle owned, leased or rented by the University or one of the University's auxiliaries. 
II. Existing State Guidance & Development Considerations

The State of California prohibits smoking in all public buildings and other enclosed areas of employment. Authority to issue this Policy is based on Title 5, California Code of Regulations, Section 42356; State of California Executive Order W-42-93; State Government Code Section 19994.31; State Labor Code Section 6404.5; and CSU Executive Order 599.

III. Scope

This Policy applies to all University faculty, staff, students and visitors, as well as the areas noted in Section I above. Smoking is permitted in University-sponsored Theater and Dance productions only if smoking is listed in a script as a required part of a performance. Smoking is permitted in student-authored or student-sponsored scenes, showcases or workshops only if produced as part of the University's Department of Theatre and Dance Season. Entertainment productions and other presentations in the Titan Student Union are not exempt from this Policy; however, the Executive Director of the Associated Students may grant an exemption when smoking is listed in the script as a required part of a performance.

IV. Definitions

"Smoking" is defined as inhaling, exhaling, burning, or carrying a lighted cigarette, cigar, pipe or other apparatus used to smoke tobacco or any other organic or non-organic material.

V. Implementation

The Office of Environmental Health and Instructional Safety will provide faculty, staff, students and visitors with notice of this Policy through signs, information campaigns or other publications. Supervisors are responsible for informing employees of this Policy. 

VI. Accountability

Faculty, staff and students violating this Policy are subject to appropriate disciplinary action pursuant to the applicable collective bargaining agreement and/or administrative policies or procedures. Violations should be reported to the appropriate administrator, Environmental Health and Instructional Safety at (657) 278-7233 or Risk Management at (657) 278-7346.

This Policy is effective as of April 3, 2003, and supercedes all previous University smoking policies. Contacts for questions regarding this Policy are the Director of Environmental Health and Instructional Safety and the Director of University Risk Management.



Applicants are required to include their correct social security numbers (taxpayer identification numbers) in designated places on applications for admission pursuant to the authority contained in Section 41201, Title 5, California Code of Regulations, and Section 6109 of the Internal Revenue Code. The Internal Revenue Service requires the University to file information returns that include the student's social security number and other information such as the amount paid for qualified tuition, related expenses, and interest on educational loans. That information is used to help determine whether a student, or a person claiming a student as a dependent, may take a credit or deduction to reduce federal income taxes. The social security number is also required by the Franchise Tax Board for collection of returned checks.

For other records and services, the university uses an assigned Campus Wide Identification number (CWID) which may also be referred to as an SID (Student Identification Number) as the student's account number. For more information on CWID see page 2 of the printed class schedule. A student's TitanCard number is not his or her identification number.

Students are required to write their student identification numbers on personal checks submitted for any payment to the University. Payment by personal check is consent by the student for the University to write the student's identification number on the check if it is not referenced. If a student prefers that his or her student identification number not be on the check, then the student must submit payment by cashier's check, money order, or, when appropriate (other than mail-in or drop-off registration), cash. Use of the student identification number assures credit to the correct student university account.



The stop-out policy allows undergraduate students and postbaccalaureate unclassified non-credential graduate students to be absent for two semesters and maintain their continuing student status. This includes election of catalog requirements for graduation and eligibility to register for the next semester. Disqualified students, foreign visa students, students on leaves approved for more than one year and students without approved leaves who are absent for more than one semester must apply for readmission should they wish to return to Cal State Fullerton.





Admissions and processing fee of $50 is required of all students applying to a Credential Program. Program and application requirements for admission to teacher credential programs are available at Overview Meetings. Schedules of these meetings are posted outside online   at or by calling (657) 278-3411 and selecting choice #2 then #1. The Center for Careers in Teaching (EC-379, call us at (657) 278-7130, or email at is the academic advising center for undergraduate students who are planning to become teachers. For further information go to the   CCT website

Deadlines for admission: Please attend an overview first, then   refer to program specific information. Before completing the application for teacher education, you must apply to the University unless you are currently enrolled. Be sure to check for the latest information on University application.



Titan Shops Website

(657) 278-3418

At Titan Shops our philosophy revolves around serving you. Our customer-oriented staff, made up mostly of Cal State students, will service you with a smile when you walk in our store. One-stop shopping, excellent customer service, fantastic products, great values and convenience is our major focus when serving the university community. Nobody does it quite like us.

Titan Shops is a division of the California State University, Fullerton Foundation which is a non-profit auxiliary organization supporting the university community.

Titan Shops is a multi-level bookstore composed of various divisions. On the upper level, you'll find Titan Books, a full-service bookstore. Besides carrying the required textbooks and custom published course packets for class, we also have a complete general book section. We offer New York Times Bestsellers at a 20% discount and the latest in new releases. We also have the largest selection of reference books in the area to help you succeed in the classroom. You'll also find bargain books as low as 50-90% off the publisher's price and remember if the book you want isn't in stock we will special order it for you at no extra charge. Titan Coffee features Starbucks coffee and baked goods and FREE internet service.

On the lower level of Titan Shops we have Titan Office, which includes office and school supplies, peripherals, and software; Titan Gear, which includes emblematic gifts, clothing and notebooks; Titan Newsstand, carrying a large selection of magazines and newspapers as well as scantrons and other test taking materials; Titan Express, a full line convenience store where you can grab a quick snack, a drink or some ice-cream; Titan Card Shop, features a complete selection of Carlton Cards. The Titan Technology Center coordinates orders for all campus approved hardware platforms and software products. The Titan Technology Center provides CSUF students a convenient location to subscribe to Titan Access, while providing space for vendors to highlight and demonstrate the latest technology. Through the Tech Center, Titan Shops is also able to offer to the faculty, staff and students the same campus rollout computer configuration at a discounted price. If you have any questions, telephone (657) 278-3418 or check us out on the   Titan Shops Website. Our website has the current bookstore hours, dates of promotions, sales, bookstore author signings, computer software and hardware, school supplies, clothing and instructions on ordering your textbooks by using Titan Shops website.

Irvine Campus, throughout the school year, Titan Shops will be located at Irvine in room 118. School supplies, testing materials, gifts, apparel and cards will be available in this mini bookstore. At the beginning of each semester we will expand our selection of merchandise to include all the necessary textbooks needed for classes offered at Irvine Campus. Hours of operation and textbook ordering for Irvine can be found by going online at the Titan Shops Website.

Schools First Federal Credit Union offers a full range of financial products and services. Located on the upper level of the Titan Shops. 

The Brief Stop is located in Langsdorf Hall and The Yum is located in the Titan Student Union. Both are mini convenience stores! You can purchase test-taking materials, school supplies, health and beauty aids, and a wide selection of snacks; all conveniently located in a store close to your classes. 

For those students who need to purchase textbooks and cannot be accommodated by the extended hours, we suggest that you order your text materials using one of the two methods listed below: 

Internet Orders

Place your order online. Go to the Titan Shops Website
Enter your course schedule number to start - follow the easy instructions to purchase your books and include your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express number. Used text will be shipped whenever possible if indicated and in stock. For your convenience books can either be shipped to your home via UPS or picked up at the bookstore at your convenience. All books are charged to your Visa, MasterCard or American Express account at the time your order is shipped or brought to the pick up window. All credit card information you provide is encrypted with the latest web security technology to ensure the highest level of safeguard for your information.

Phone Orders (657) 278-3418

Ask for Special Order Department, please have your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express number, expiration date, home address and phone number readily available when placing a phone order.



A single copy of a transcript requires a fee of $4 paid in advance. (Additional transcripts prepared at the same time are $2 each.) Because of the large number of transcripts requested at the end of each regular semester, three weeks should be allowed for requests to be processed. At other times, transcript requests are processed within one week, as a general rule. Transcript request forms are available at the Admission and Records Service Center (LH-114), or access a copy of the   transcript request form online. Immediate, over-the-counter transcript service cannot be provided except on an emergency basis.



Veterans may obtain information concerning application for benefits, registration, and adjustments in status from the Veteran's/Special Programs Unit in LH-563. New, returning, and transfer student veterans should consult the Veteran's/Special Programs Unit to complete the necessary documents to receive VA benefits. Call (657) 278-2086 for hours representative is available.



Students wishing to obtain voluntary student health insurance may do so at the Associated Students Office. Although neither CSUF nor the Associated Students Office can endorse any particular policy, the staff does negotiate for a policy that offers the best coverage at the lowest possible cost. Students should seriously consider health insurance since it enables them to obtain needed medical services without having to be concerned about the rising cost of medical services. The staff of the Associated Students Office will be pleased to answer any questions about the insurance policy (657) 278-2401.



Students who discontinue course participation without formally filing a withdrawal notice with the university shall be considered to have withdrawn unofficially from the course. Such action by the student will result in a final grade of WU (Withdrawal Unauthorized) or NC, depending on the grade option elected. For purposes of grade point average computation, the WU symbol is equivalent to an F. Students will be held responsible and billed for fees not yet paid.

Students may petition for retroactive withdrawal from individual courses or from an entire semester, provided that they can document both the serious and compelling reasons or circumstances that required the withdrawal and the date of such withdrawal. Such petitions must be filed within 30 days after the first class day of the following semester. If it is determined that retroactive withdrawal is justified, a grade of W will be assigned and the negative effect of the WU grade will be removed from the grade point average. Forms are available at the Admissions and Records Service Center, LH-114.

For more information, see our   withdrawal policy frequently asked questions.



The Board of Trustees has authorized the withholding of certain services for nonpayment of debts owed the University. Debts include unpaid obligations for loans, services, use of facilities or equipment, materials, food or merchandise. Services which may be withheld include permission to register in a subsequent term, use of facilities, and other services or materials for which a fee is authorized to be charged (i.e. transcripts, parking, lab fees, etc.).



The English Department Writing Center offers free tutorial help to university students. The Writing Center, located in PLN 1st floor, is open Monday through Friday. Students may drop in or may make appointments by calling (657) 278-3650.