The California Promise Program
(California State University’s “Degree Pledge” program)
The "California Promise" is a guarantee from the California State University system that a first-time freshman can earn a degree in no more than four years (or two years, for transfer students having earned an Associate Degree for Transfer- ADT) if you pledge to, and follow, specific requirements. Graduating in four years (or two, as an ADT Transfer) will save you tuition and books/materials costs. It also will increase your earning potential by enabling you to enter the workforce sooner rather than later. Students who elect to participate in California Promise receive special academic advisement and priority registration.
The California Promise program will support two student populations:
- Beginning fall 2017, entering First-time freshmen students interested in completing their baccalaureate degrees in four years, and majoring in Child and Adolescent Development, or Kinesiology or Political Science.
- Beginning fall 2017, transfer students entering with a completed Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), interested in completing their remaining requirements for the baccalaureate degree in the same area, in two years, are encouraged to participate in the California Promise Program.
Interested students will be expected to:
- Be eligible to enroll in College Level Math and College Level English courses prior to the first semester of enrollment at CSUF. Remediation courses in math and English may be completed over the summer of 2017 to participate (Freshmen only).
- Complete a minimum of 30 academic units in a college year based on term of entry, including summer and winter session.
- Maintain at least a 2.00 grade point average in all academic work completed.
- Submit an educational plan to complete a declared major program within the specified timeframe to the designated academic advisor.
- Review and modify the academic plan as needed with the designated academic advisor at least once each term.
- Enroll in classes during the established priority registration period and pay fees by the required deadlines.
To indicate your interest, please go to the CA Promise link on your Student Portal. Once in the Student Portal click on Titan Online then Student Center. Under the Admissions area will be a link for California Promise Program. click this link and following the instructions.
For more information email email@example.com. Statement of your interest does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Depending on volume of interest, space in the program may be limited.